Last Updated: July 2023
- What information may be collected?
During your use of a Service (whether as a registered or unregistered user), you may provide us with personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, city and state (or region), information provided in emails to us, or other information that could be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as any information that relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information can be collected directly from you or indirectly as described below.
- How is your information used?
- We or our service providers may use the Personal Information we collect from or about you to perform the following functions:
- administer our Services and your account with us;
- enable you to use our Services and their features;
- customize our Services to your interests and history with us;
- localize the content and articles that are displayed to you based on your geographical location;
- conduct market research;
- improve or develop new features and offerings in our Services;
- tailor ads displayed to you in our Services and elsewhere;
- send you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, or events that we think might be of interest to you;
- assess your level of interest in and use of our Services, e-mails, and other messaging campaigns, both on an individual basis and in the aggregate;
- generate analytics reports on the usage of our Services; and
- respond to your requests, questions, and concerns protecting our rights and property.
- We may also use Personal Information to meet our internal and external audit requirements and for information security purposes.
- How do we share the information we collect?
- We may share your information:
- with our lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisors, third party advertising companies (including exchanges and brokers) and third party providers of services such as cloud storage, customer relationship management systems, travel and expense management, analytics databases, who need your information to provide services to us (or on our behalf);
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government agency, law enforcement, judicial or public authority, or other legal request, or to comply with the law;
- in connection with a proposed corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
- with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- with our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control in order to support marketing, sale and delivery of any service.
- We may analyze your information in aggregate form to operate maintain, manage, and improve the Services. We may share non-personally identifiable information about usage of the Services (including aggregate data) with other third parties, including our affiliates, agents, and business partners, for their own use, in a de-identified form.
- In addition, what you voluntarily post to public areas of our Service may be available to other Service users.
- How do we secure your Personal Information?
- We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect Personal Information collected via our Services. We cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from unauthorized access or use (e.g., by hackers). You use the Services, and send us information, at your own risk.
- If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using a “Contact us” feature on our Service, a third party could intercept the information you send in transit, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send. We have no liability relating to the disclosure of your information due to errors, omissions or unauthorized acts, or failures to act by third parties during or after transmission.
- If you create an account on our Services, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity, including disclosure of your Personal Information, that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- We, and/or our service providers or partners on our behalf, may use tracking technologies, which may run on your device when you use the Services. The circumstances in which we may deploy tracking technologies include:
- HTML5 may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Service usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Services are being used by our visitors, how our Services may be improved, and to customize our Services for our users.
- These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or our service providers or partners on our behalf (for more information on our Third Party Analytics Providers and Third Party Ad Servers and Networks, see below). These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to your computer or device, and relate information about your use of the Services to other information about you, including your Personal Information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our Services using different web browsers or devices.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
- Opt Out of E-mail Marketing
You can opt out of our promotional e-mails by clicking the opt-out/unsubscribe link within the e-mail you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
- Deletion Requests
You may request the deletion of Personal Information collected or maintained by us. We may ask for additional information to verify your request.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us.